Friday, July 25, 2008

Just my thoughts

I've had some excitement in the last few weeks, so I thought maybe I'd throw up a blog and share a thought or two.
First, I went to California for a week with my family. I loved it, it was relaxing and fun and I got a tan that peeled all off - what else could you ask for?
Secondly, it was Pioneer Day yesterday! I love Pioneer Day; I always have, I don't know what it is about it that I love so much. Maybe because I love Utah? I was privileged to be able to participate in the Sunrise Service that was held in the Tabernacle in SLC by singing in the choir. It really was a neat experience. Have I shared my thoughts on our country yet? I love America. I can't listen to the Star Spangled Banner without getting chills; it is my number one favorite song. This time made me cry. The last song we sang to close the service was a song called "Thou Gracious God." It is such a beautiful song - it's to the tune of "The Water is Wide" and the arrangement was so beautiful and the song and lyrics so wonderful and wow - I made it through the whole song just fine but the second it ended I broke into tears as they said the closing prayer. I really am so grateful for a gracious God who sent me here to live in Utah and in America and with the heritage that I have that is so amazing and with the family I have now that surpasses everything. :)
And then I went wave running! I am completely sore and black and blue all over today from it! I've got so many bruises I can't even count them. But it sure was a blast. What a great way to celebrate Utah - driving through the mountains on such a gorgeous day and enjoying the lake and the sun and everything that Utah has to offer! It ended up with a drive to the top of the mountain to watch the valley and the fireworks from up there. What a perfect day, I love Utah!

No comments: