Friday, July 11, 2008

The Weigh In

I have a dinner bet with my friend; the first one to add 10 pounds is taken out to dinner by the other one - anywhere!

So I figured it would be a good idea to watch my diet a little closer and signed up for this website called Calorie Count Plus. It has an on line database of foods with all sorts of nutritional information like caloric content, fiber, protein, etc.

Calorie Count Plus also has some calculation tools that tell you approximately how much you need to eat to get to your weight goal. My daily goal is probably twice what I normally eat, so we'll see what happens. I need to eat a whopping 2879 calories per day!

Today I had a big plate of waffles and strawberries for breakfast - estimated at 485 calories. I need to eat six meals a day of similar size in order to get to 2879 calories... Good thing I live with my parents where the fridge and the pantry are always stocked..

1 comment:

The Deuce said...

haha everytime I get on, you've switched the layout a bit. :) I hope you're finding one you're completely satisfied with.
Um, I'm a little concerned here with your eating habits. Sweetheart, you don't need to gain 10 pounds. I love you just the way you are.
By the way, I'm going to be gone for a week starting tomorrow. Don't do anything drastic without me. And if you do, call me. And let me know how your Calorie Count thing is going. bisous