Friday, July 4, 2008

Philosophy

I was driving from Logan to Honeyville but the highway was closed for repairs. Traffic was detoured through some back roads and fields that I've never seen, despite spending years in the area.

It started with a left turn off the highway, a short drive past the marshes, and then a right turn towards the southern tip of the Wellsville mountains. It wasn't long before I lost sight of the highway and big, yellow construction vehicles.

It turned out to be a beautiful drive and I had a camera with me; so I stopped and snapped a few pictures. Lesson learned: sometimes you'll get detoured; this can be upsetting if you're so focused on getting somewhere that nothing else seems to matter.

So slow down and take a look around, it can be very rewarding. HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

No comments: